Book Club - Mon April 27
Raina wakes up one night with a terrible upset stomach. Her mom has one, too, so it's probably just a bug. Raina eventually returns to school, where she's dealing with the usual highs and lows: friends, not-friends, and classmates who think the school year is just one long gross-out session. It soon becomes clear that Raina's tummy trouble isn't going away... and it coincides with her worries about food, school, and changing friendships. What's going on?
- Book club will be held at 1060 Miami Way. We might sit outside to discuss the books if the weather cooperates so please dress accordingly.
- Please make sure that your kiddo reads the book before our book club meeting. We encourage kids to read with a pen/highlighter in hand and underline or highlight any passages that they like or find interesting or confusing.
- Encourage your kids to keep a list of any new vocabulary words and take the time to look them up.
- Have your reader write two questions before the group meeting and have them bring those questions to our meeting.
- Bring your copy of the book to our book club meeting so that each participant will be able to refer to the text during our discussion.
- Please drop your kiddos off by 4:30 so that we will have ample time to discuss the book assigned for the week.
- We will provide light snacks and beverages. Please let me know about any allergies or food restrictions.
- Pick up is at 5:45. Please be prompt!