Book Club - Mon June 22
This story was going to begin like all the best stories. With a school bus falling from the sky. But no one saw it happen. They were all too busy—
Talking about boogers.
Stealing pocket change.
Executing complicated handshakes.
Planning an escape.
But mostly, too busy walking home.
Jason Reynolds conjures ten tales (one per block) about what happens after the dismissal bell rings, and brilliantly weaves them into one wickedly funny, piercingly poignant look at the detours we face on the walk home, and in life.
- Book club will be held at 1060 Miami Way. We might sit outside to discuss the books if the weather cooperates so please dress accordingly.
- Please make sure that your kiddo reads the book before our book club meeting. We encourage kids to read with a pen/highlighter in hand and underline or highlight any passages that they like or find interesting or confusing.
- Encourage your kids to keep a list of any new vocabulary words and take the time to look them up.
- Have your reader write two questions before the group meeting and have them bring those questions to our meeting.
- Bring your copy of the book to our book club meeting so that each participant will be able to refer to the text during our discussion.
- Please drop your kiddos off by 4:30 so that we will have ample time to discuss the book assigned for the week.
- We will provide light snacks and beverages. Please let me know about any allergies or food restrictions.
- Pick up is at 5:30. Please be prompt!