Tuesday, June 23-Book Club-3rd-5th grade
Jackson and his family have fallen on hard times. There's no more money for rent. And not much for food, either. His parents, his little sister, and their dog may have to live in their minivan. Again.
Crenshaw is a cat. He's large, he's outspoken, and he's imaginary. He has come back into Jackson's life to help him. But is an imaginary friend enough to save this family from losing everything?
Beloved author Katherine Applegate proves in unexpected ways that friends matter, whether real or imaginary.
- Book club will be held on Zoom until further notice. You will receive a link when you register.
- Please make sure that your kiddo reads the book before our book club meeting. We encourage kids to read with a pen/highlighter in hand and underline or highlight any passages that they like or find interesting or confusing.
- Encourage your kids to keep a list of any new vocabulary words and take the time to look them up.
- Have your reader write two questions before the group meeting and have them bring those questions to our meeting.
- Bring your copy of the book to our book club meeting so that each participant will be able to refer to the text during our discussion.